POSTED: August 03 2016 11:21:06. By Keith Long - Predators Win International/English Super Cup

Beechfield United Under 15's Predators were celebrating after winning the International English Super Cup which included teams from around the world. Teams in the Predators group were local rivals Hough End Griffins plus teams from Trinidad, Stoke, from Scotland, USA, Sweden and so on. The Predators won their 1st game 3-0 against St.John's Roses a team from Greater Manchester. Scorers were Brandon Kent 2 and Liam Egerton.

The second game was against the team from Trinidad who Beechy easily beat 9-0. Goals came via Brandon Kent 2, Dylan Durose 2, Kieran McCarthy, Jamie Pollitt, Joe Lydiate, George Davies and Ethan Haynes.

Hough End our local rivals were the opponents for the third game and the Predators won 2-0, their best performance so far in the tournament. The goals from Brandon Kent plus an own goal following a corner kick.

For the 4th game Beechy met a team from Stoke who they beat 2-0. The opposition were a good team who battled hard but United had the quality what they didn't have and eventually broke then down and were rewarded with two good goals from Liam Egerton and George Davies.

In the Semi-final United were up against a team from Scotland who started off well putting pressure on the Predators but Beechy made the vital breakthrough and scored an early goal. Their heads were down and United dominated the game throughout and were easy 5-0 winners. On target were Brandon Kent 2, Jamie Pollitt, Dylan Durose and Anjola Onasayna.

Into the Final and the Predators ended up playing Hough End again but it was a different game from the group stages. The opposition even brought players in from other clubs to try and beat us. The Predators took the lead from a great cross by Brandon Kent and George Davies slotted the ball into the net. Hough End were awarded a penalty but the Predators keeper Kieran McCarthy made a great save then the linesman said take again! He said Kieran had moved off his line which he didn't but the retaken spot-kick was converted.

The Predators kept the pressure on Hough End and got another chance and Liam Egerton scored. Hough End replied with a massive kick from the keeper and the ball bounced awkwardly over the United defenders and the Hough End striker fired the ball home. Beechy kept going and won a corner and from nowhere Anjola Onasayna threw himself at the ball and got the goal we wanted. Beechy were 3-2 up then one of the Hough End players went in with a two footed challenge on a Beechy player and received a red card. Luckily the Beechy player was ok. A minute from the end United lost possession in their own half and conceded an unnecessary free kick. The ball was knocked into the box, and during a goalmouth scramble Hough End forced an equalizer to make it 3-3. So the final whistle went and now it was into extra time but the score stayed the same so the teams were faced the dreaded penalty shoot-out. All the penalties were very good to be honest from both teams. It went all the way to 9-9 and then Jamie Pollitt stepped up and missed! We thought that's it if they score they've won! But they didn't Kieran saved it for us!! So we were back on track and it came to the keepers turn to take one. Kieran stepped up and sent the Hough End keeper the wrong way to make it 10-9. So it was now Hough End keepers turn to take one. By this time Kieran was very confident after scoring and saving one.

The Hough End keeper hammered the ball against the post and it went wide! Boooom the boys ran onto the pitch jumping with joy chanting champions once again! We enjoyed another good 4-day tournament. We've kept up the winning mentality and hopefully we can do the same next season said Team Manager Gareth Kent. Both Gareth and Assistant Martin McCarthy are very proud of the boys!

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller