POSTED: August 29 2018 17:17:34. By Keith Long - 1st Team Concede Six Then Hit Double Figures

There was a complete contrast between the results regarding Beechfield United's First Team games played on Saturday 18th & 25th August. United were expecting a tough ninety minutes when they met Hindsford away and they were left feeling rather dejected after losing this Premier Division fixture 6-0. Hindsford were on the attack straight from the kick off and in opening thirty seconds United keeper Steven Naylor was in action and both Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston made vital clearances as the home side quickly put Beechy under pressure. After forcing the games first corner Hindsford took the lead in the 4th minute via a simple headed goal as United were punished for some poor defending. A couple of swift counter-attacks by United down the right wing featured Louis Duff who's crosses into the area couldn't find a teammate. A great piece of skill by Craig Massey set-up a chance for Jamie Sinnott but he headed the ball past the post then in the next minute a thunderous drive from twenty five yards by the Hindsford No8 forced a brilliant save from Steven Naylor.

Hardly wasting possession Hindsford forced Beechy to concede numerous free kicks and on twenty six minutes the hosts went 2-0 up and following another set-piece United were guilty of more bad defending and found themselves three goals down. Hindsford's main attacking threat came down the left flank and United's defensive trio Marcus Belcher, Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston plus keeper Steven Naylor were given a torrid time. United gifted Hindsford a 4-0 lead when their centre forward was left unmarked after a free kick and he made no mistake via a header from close range. Forcing a couple of free kicks early in the second half Beechy almost reduced the arrears courtesy of Jamie Sinnott and Kurtis Lee. A rather lucky fifth goal virtually guaranteed Hindsford the three points when a cross cum shot dipped over Steven Naylor and into the net.

But United continued to work hard against the odds and created a few decent chances with an effort from Craig Massey drifting wide of the target then a header by Rob Lockley kept out by the keepers agile save. Man of the match Luke Johnston won the ball with a superb tackle and his long pass found Jamie Sinnott who after beating two opponents should have finished the move with a goal. United's miserable afternoon was complete when another powerful counter-attack by the hosts ended with a clinical finish from Hindsford's No8 who netted the sixth goal. During a late attacking surge substitute Mike Phythian saw a long range effort just fail to beat the keeper and Jamie Sinnott also went close to getting United a consolation goal.

Seven days later United secured their first win of the season following a home game against AFC Monton. Dominating the match throughout Beechy enjoyed eighty five percent possession and hit double figures. Goal scorers were Jordan Jones-Waite (6) Jamie Sinnott (5) Kurtis Lee (2) and Mike Phythian. Player Manager Steven Erskine and Jordan Jones-Waite shared the Man of the Match Award.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller