POSTED: September 03 2017 14:19:08. By Keith Long - In-Form 1st Team Make It Third Win On The Trot

Away to Elton Vale on Saturday 26th August 2017 an in-form Beechfield United 1st Team made it a hat-trick of Division 1 victories following a 3-2 win. On a excellent playing surface there was a lively start to what was expected to be an exciting encounter and in the opening five minutes Tim Taylor and Man of the Match Rob Lockley rescued Beechy with some great defending. United quickly found their attacking rhythm and a neat move between Carl Ravenscroft and Jamie Sinnott ended with Mike Phythian firing the ball over the crossbar. Stand-in keeper Luke Johnston raced bravely off his line to foil an effort from Vale's number eight prior to United grabbing the lead in the 9th minute. A cleverly disguised pass from Jamie Sinnott was controlled by Jordan Jones-Waite who produced a cool and accurate finish for his third goal in as many games.

Elton Vale's robust tactics failed to unsettle United as the home side pressed hard for an equaliser but under pressure Mike Rogerson was forced to concede a corner that led to Vale getting back level after fourteen minutes. Producing some impressive counter-attacks Beechy tested the ability of the Vale keeper who responded with a smart save to block Craig Massey's low drive. Following a free kick Rob Lockley flashed a header wide of the target then as play quickly switched to the other end Luke Johnston was in action again making another fine save after the Vale number ten found space in the area. Beechy regained the lead on thirty four minutes when a cross from Jamie Sinnott was flicked on by Jordan Jones-Waite and Rob Lockley fired the ball home from close range. Vale continued to look a real threat from set-pieces but United survived a few nervy moments and late in the half Chris Ferris had a couple of decent chances to make it 3-1.

Vale forced the first corner after the restart and a similar pattern to the first half developed with both teams competing fiercely for possession. After a lengthy delay due to an injury to a Vale player United gradually moved the ball around with more accuracy and a great piece of play involving Craig Massey and Carl Ravenscroft set-up Jordan Jones-Waite who's effort on target was deflected behind for a corner. Some excellent defending from Mike Phythian and Tim Taylor broke up a couple of good looking Vale attacks just before Beechy added their third goal in the 65th minute. Chasing Luke Johnston's long kick downfield Craig Massey had the ball under control when according to the referee was fouled inside the area and taking the spot-kick was Mike Phythian who hammered the ball low into the corner of the net. Quickly Vale injected more pace into their attacks and their number 8 was denied a goal when Luke Johnston produced a superb fingertip save to turn the ball onto the post.

Briefly keeping the pressure on United the home side reduced the arrears following a free kick when some slack Beechy defending allowed the Vale centre forward enough time to score from close range. Gary Wallis replaced Craig Massey and the United substitute was soon involved in the action linking-up with Jordan Jones-Waite down the right flank and a cross by the latter found Jamie Sinnott who's header went over the crossbar. The fast pace to the match never relented with Beechy's players showing a high level of fitness in the hot conditions. The Vale number ten forced another brilliant save from Luke Johnston then United made a second tactical change that saw Louis Duff taking over from Mike Phythian. Beechy had a few chances to add a fourth goal in the closing minutes and on one occasion Jordan Jones-Waite sent Louis Duff on a mazy run but he fired the ball into the side netting.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller