POSTED: December 07 2022 15:59:27. By Keith Long - Junior Section Match Details 3/12/2022

Getting back to winning ways were Beechfield United Under 9's STORM who secured a high quality victory following their mini-soccer home game with Winton Silverbacks.

*From start to finish Storm dominated the match and their goalkeeper was virtually a spectator apart from having to face a penalty kick and with so many chances created Beechy should have scored more than their four goal tally. Keeping their opponents pinned in their own half Storm just couldnt find the vital finish until Jack Sinclair won possession and hammered the ball into the top corner of the net. Beechy took their one goal lead into the second half and continuing to play some very good football carved out more chances. A long range effort from Jack Sinclair resulted in Storm increasing their lead then following a mazy run and great finish Kobe Glass netted goal number three. After Jack had missed the chance of a hat-trick from the penalty spot Barkley Pope scored from the rebound. Despite not hitting top form Beechy battled non-stop throughout and thoroughly deserved the victory.

*Based on a fantastic all-round team display the Under 8's THUNDER were rewarded with a resounding win over Deans Tigers. Throughout the game the Beechy Boys produced some great passing and movement off the ball plus they celebrated each other's success. Thunder took the lead with a well taken goal via Lyle Glass after he won possession high up the pitch but Deans Tigers got back on level terms. Soon forgetting the mini setback Beechy regained control and Brayden Taylor put Thunder back in front after a good assist from Harley Cosgrove-Newby. The two players combined again when another accurate pass from Harley set-up Brayden who added a composed finish for the third goal. Some very good team work resulted in Thunder increasing their lead through Cody Elwell-Eyres before Deans Tigers reduced the arrears. Lyle Glass was on target again with his second and Beechy's fifth goal though Deans fought back and added their third goal. The goals continued to flow and Thunder were rewarded with goal number six courtesy of Cody Elwell-Eyres who fired the ball into the bottom corner of the net following a great free kick by Harley. After a spell as goalkeeper Hugo Balogun completed the scoring when he produced a good run down the wing before adding a near post finish. Defender Noah Aspen had another excellent game but Harley Cosgrove-Newby was voted Man of the Match.

*For the first time this season the Under 7's THUNDER lost successive matches when they suffered defeat away to Urmston Meadowside Raptors. In the first half which was a closely fought affair Urmston took the lead but Beechy replied with a well taken goal from Harrison Spencer. Making a bright start to the second half Thunder opened up a two goal lead when Milo McNulty was twice on target. Milo's first goal was a superb long range strike then he got on the end of a great cross into the area. Unfortunately that was Beechy's last rewarding moment in the game because the team lost it's shape and conceded five unanswered goals. Man of the Match was George Kelly who did everything worked on in training, staying in position, playing with his head up plus creating numerous chances for his teammates.

*In their away game with Horwich St Marys Raptors the Under 8's STORM made a slow start and conceded the opening goal in the first few minutes. It took Beechy about five to ten minutes to play their normal passing game but once Storm found their rhythm the match became a one-sided contest. In a very good all-round performance Beechy looked very impressive as they moved the ball around the pitch plus they battled well throughout. Storm were the better team and fully deserved their victory thanks to goals from Man of the Match Kade Doyle (his first for the team) Alfie Heighway and Harry Heathcote-Caire.

*On a cold Saturday morning at Beech Farm Beechy Under 10's TORNADOES were in action against Prestwich Cobras. There was not much to choose between the teams while the long grass hampered the Tornadoes style of football. A goal down at half time Beechy made a few changes and were much improved but against the run of play conceded a second goal. Storm got back into the game with a well taken goal by Jack Hoatson then Beechy equalised through River Langford but Prestwich Cobras secured the win after an unfortunate own goal though on another day Storm would have been celebrating victory. River Langford who was Beechy's goalkeeper in the first then played outfield after the break and grabbed a goal was named Man of the Match.

*After a couple of postponements the Under 11's THUNDER (9v9) were back in action in the Salford and Districts League with a home game against Swinton Jaguars. In the Yellow Group Beechy went a goal behind when a Jaguars player opened the scoring via a low finish into the bottom corner of the net. The goal was a wake up call for Thunder who took control and the Jaguars couldn't match Beechy's work ethic and running and a neat finsh from Ajab Fakeeh made it 1-1. Keeping the pressure on their opponents Thunder led 2-1 after a cross from Ajab was controlled by Nataniel Wojciak who with his left foot hit the target and the Jaguars keeper could only help the ball into the net.

Ollie Sixsmith hit the post and other attempts went close before the referee ended the first half with Beechy still leading. Thunder continued to be the better team in the second half and Jace Richardson had a couple of shots on target blocked by brave Jaguars defending. Then Ajab Fakeeh took advantage of an error from the Jaguars keeper when he put Thunder 3-1 up with his second goal of the game which secured the victory. Thunder's Manager Luke Sixsmith who was happy with every players contribution mentioned goalkeeper Leon Heathcote-Caire who had a very good game. Beechy's defenders were dominant, the midfield fantastic while the forwards gave the Jaguars defence a difficult time throughout.

*The Under 12's STORM (9v9) were away at De La Salle Reds and this Division 1 game never really got started for both either team. A looping header from Mohammed Matin gave Beechy the lead but De La Salle equalised leaving the teams sharing a 1-1 scoreline at half time. The match improved in the second half and Storm regained the lead through Callum Norris who fired the ball past the keeper from thirty yards. De La Salle got back level again after Beechy's players failed to make a tackle in the penalty area and after a pretty quiet and uneventful game a draw was a fair result. Following a five week lay off Nathan Kay was back in the team and was voted Man of the Match for a brilliant defensive display.

*A poor grass pitch didn't help the Under 13's TORNADOES in their Saturday morning Salford and Districts League Division 2 home game with Stretford Victoria. This was a tough test for the Beechy Boys who worked hard against the current unbeaten league leaders but the Tornadoes ended up on the wrong end of a 9-4 scoreline. On target for the Tornadoes were Josh Beddows with an excellent hat-trick and Finn Browne.

*Following their first defeat of the season seven days earlier the Under 17's STORM were looking to rediscover the winning formula when they travelled to play Standish Panthers. For this Bolton Bury and District League fixture Storm who only had eleven players available made a slow start to the game and following an effort that hit the crossbar a Standish player tapped the rebound into the net but Beechy fought back and after getting a tighter grip on the contest found an equaliser. Bradley Oliver who was carrying an injury hit the post before a shot from Leo Barrett led to a neat finish by leading goalscorer Evan Hodson-Griffiths. Storm then went 2-1 up when Evan was on target again and Beechy were still the one goal in front when the players took a well earned half time break.

Soon on the attack in the second half Storm were rewarded again after a fine flowing move was finished by Evan Hodson-Griffiths who completed yet another hat-trick for 3-1. The game was effectively won but Standish Panthers got back in the game with their second goal via a superb header. Following some naive defending and tired legs Beechy conceded an undeserved equaliser and though Storm tried to find a winning goal they had to settle for a 3-3 draw. Special mention to Billy Jones who was playing his first full ninety minutes in over a year. The eleven players who turned up put in a superb effort and though Storm are still top of Section B their lead is now down to one point.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller