POSTED: February 12 2020 22:03:13. By Keith Long - Six Games Unbeaten But Two Points Dropped

In the Manchester Football League Beechfield United Reserves made it six games unbeaten but their winning streak ended when they were held to a 4-4 draw at home by Dukinfield Town.

Having twice lost to United in the last five weeks the visitors fielded a much stronger team and took the lead in this Division 5 fixture after ten minutes. In the twentieth minute Beechy drew level after winning a corner taken by Keenan Switzer who found the head of Man of the Match Deren Saunders and he was on target with the equaliser. Five minutes later the ball was in the visitors net again but the goal was disallowed after Callum Davies was deemed to be in an offside position. The pitch caused the players a few problems as the match remained evenly balanced and just on half time Dukinfield Town regained the lead. Immediately after the restart Beechy played at a quicker tempo that brought a timely reward when Danny Lee after chasing a long pass sent a square ball across to Callum Davies and he made it 2-2. As the fast action moved swiftly from end to end Dukinfield Town were awarded a free kick and from twenty five yards the ball somehow evaded United keeper Jason Rodgers and trickled into the net to put the visitors 3-2 up against the run of play.
Soon forgetting the minor setback Beechy stepped up a gear and creating some great attacking football were keen to get back on level terms again.

Following an excellent solo run Deren Saunders was brought down in the area and United were awarded a penalty but Callum Davies blasted the spot-kick wide of the target. Callum soon atoned for his error when he pounced on a mistake by a Dukinfield defender and it was 3-3 after he dinked the ball over the keeper into the net. Zack Booth burst through into the area but after he had rounded the Dukinfield keeper and looked certain to score teammate Tom McCandless robbed him of the ball and slotted it into the net only for the referee to blow for offside. Making his Beechy debut was substitute Kole James-Knight who took up a position on the left wing and soon involved delivered a great cross to find Callum Davies and United's leading marksman was on target again to give Beechy the lead as he completed his hat trick. With one minute left to play United were ready to celebrate another three vital points as they keep one eye on the title race until Dukinfield somehow scrambled a very late equalising fourth goal. The visitors won a free kick just over the halfway line and when the ball was floated into the area slight hesitation by the Beechy keeper allowed the Dukinfield No8 enough time and space to divert the ball into the net.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller