POSTED: January 06 2020 17:23:46. By Keith Long - Sat Morn Team End 2019 With Win/Loss/Draw

Following three successive away games Beechfield United Saturday Morning Senior Team ended 2019 with a Win, Loss and a Draw. Manager Kyle Wray will be hoping for a winning start to 2020 and seeing his team move up the Division 1 table.

9th November 2019.

After suffering a shock home defeat seven days earlier United bounced back with an impressive 6-1 victory at Brownley Albion. Kyle Wray expected Beechy to win but Brownley had earned some good results of late so a United needed to produce a good performance. Beechy dominated the match straight from the kick-off and took the lead after ten minutes thanks a fine solo goal from Bako Aziz. Keeping the pressure on their opponents United soon made it 2-0, when striker Brad Sutherland was on target with his first goal of the season. Midfielder Gary Wallis also grabbed his first goal of the campaign for 3-0 after a superb one touch team move worked the ball into the hosts penalty area. Creating more fast and accurate passing football Beechy continued to control the game and Wes Pierce helped himself to a couple of goals before Brownley Albion got what proved to be no more than a consolation goal. Scott Foulds completed the scoring with United's sixth goal and following his four assists Issiaka Saba was named Man of the Match.

16th November 2019.

Beechy faced their toughest fixture of the season with mixed form when they travelled to play Hazel Grove who won the treble last season and were currently unbeaten. United obviously knew they would have to be at their best to get anything from this game and Manager Kyle Wray couldn't have asked for a better start. Ben Donohue delivered a great pass onto Bako Aziz who took the ball round the keeper and was brought down winning Beechy a clear-cut penalty and Wes Pierce calmly converted the spot-kick to give Beechy the lead. Hazel Grove were quickly on the attack looking for an immediate equaliser, but United's twin centre-halves Dave Harrison and Anthony Wallis were excellent as they won some important ball winning duels but with five minutes left in the first half Hazel Grove equalised under very dubious circumstances. An effort from the edge of the area was saved by Beechy keeper Tim McQueeney however an Hazel Grove striker netted the rebound despite clearly being in an offside position. Despite huge appeals from United's players and officials the referee awarded the goal and the teams shared a 1-1 score line at the break.

The second half began with Hazel Grove pushing for a second goal and it was clear that Beechy were still angered following the hosts late first half equaliser and were beginning to make mistakes but they still looking strong on the counter-attack. Hazel Grove went 2-1 up from a well struck free kick, then minutes later caught Beechy napping following a breakaway move and led 3-1 on the hour mark. The score certainly didn't reflect the game and United were still pushing for a way back into the contest and had their chances, striker Wes Pierce missed a golden opportunity and winger Scott Foulds had a goal disallowed for offside. As Beechy continued to throw everything into attack Hazel Grove scored a fourth goal late in the game to secure a 4-1 victory. This was a good performance from a Beechy still learning to play together and voted Man of the Match was Scott Foulds.

23rd November 2019.

After last Saturday's unfortunate defeat United were on their travels again and their opponents were bottom of the table team Alkrington FC who had not won a game to date. Beechy themselves were in the bottom half of the table after some poorly dropped points so this was a match that Beechy needed to win. Making a strong start United soon created some great passing moves that caused Alkrington all sorts of problems and United took a deserved lead when Scott Foulds worked his way into the area and he moved the ball onto Issiaka Saba who had a simple tap in. Beechy were full of confidence and continued to attack non-stop but several chances were missed to grab a two goal advantage which was punished when an individual mistake gifted Alkrington an equaliser. A sliced clearance from a deep cross landed at the feet of the Alkrington striker who was left with an easy finish for 1-1 at the break.

In the second half United continued to put heavy pressure on their opponents and took the lead in the 60th minute when Wes Pierce added the finish to a good move. Despite enjoying a greater share of the ball in the second period Beechy missed some one on one chances to secure a comfortable victory. Yet again United were punished for those missed chances, this time following a counter-attack a rash tackle in the box by a Beechy player saw Alkrington being awarded a penalty and the spot-kick was converted for 2-2. Manager Kyle Wray was still confident United had enough time to find a winning goal but more wasted chances meant his team had to settle for a score draw. Two huge points dropped and a disappointing end to the year.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller