POSTED: January 20 2018 22:21:52. By Keith Long - First Team Beaten Following Friendly Match

Having been allocated no official league fixture on Saturday 13th January Beechfield United 1st Team arranged a friendly match with Tintwistle Athletic an outfit who play in Manchester League's Division 2. United had just twelve players available and that included sixteen year old Marcus Belcher who was making his debut. Within ninety seconds Tintwistle came close to grabbing the lead when the hosts No10 fired a curling effort from thirty yards but the ball rebounded back into play off the post. There were vital headed clearances from Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston as Tintwistle produced some free flowing soccer on a difficult playing surface. Slowly United played with a much better tempo and a neat one-two move between Jordan Jones-Waite and Jamie Sinnott deserved a better finish. Then Tom Allock combined superbly with Louis Duff down the right flank and the latter won Beechy their first corner.

The action switched swiftly from end to end and getting into a good shooting position was Tintwistle's No7 who forced an impressive save from United keeper Robert Harrison. Marcus Belcher settled in well in his role of right back and there was another solid display from Andrzej Browne who on one occasion linked-up with Jordan Jones-Waite who's shot on target was headed clear. In the midfield area Chris Ferris, Tom Allcock and Craig Massey were constantly involved as Beechy looked more of a threat going forward. Another swift counter-attack involving Jordan Jones-Waite, Jamie Sinnott and Louis Duff almost led to the opening goal. A quickly taken free kick by Tim Taylor found the unmarked Jamie Sinnott who's attempted overhead kick saw the ball curl just wide of the target. Minutes later United went 1-0 up when Tom Allcock sprinted down the right wing and his low cross set-up the chance for Jamie Sinnott and his powerful finish opened the scoring.

Following a controversial decision Tintwistle Athletic were awarded a penalty but justice was served when Robert Harrison produced a brilliant save to deny the hosts No7 a quick equalising goal. Another piece of quality defending from Andrzej Browne when under pressure guaranteed Beechy retained their one goal lead at the break. Quickly finding a good attacking rhythm straight from the restart Tintwistle put United under pressure and Robert Harrison was in action again making a vital save to keep out a strong header by the hosts No9. A similar pattern to the first half developed and some great ball winning tackles from Luke Johnston, Tim Taylor and Marcus Belcher kept Tintwistle at bay until the 64th minute. A well worked five man move started by the keeper earned Tintwistle a deserved equaliser thanks to a real strikers finish from their No9.

United had to deal with more constant pressure as Tintwistle played with a lot more confidence but one brilliant attack featuring Jamie Sinnott and Craig Massey forced a fine save from the keeper but Tom Allcock fired the rebound wide of the upright. More superb defending from Andrzej Browne, Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston continually frustrated the hosts but in the 88th minute Tintwistle's No10 scored what proved to be the match winning goal. United's Man of the Match Award was shared between Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller