POSTED: January 24 2022 19:28:18. By Keith Long - Junior Section Match Details 15th/16th Jan 2022

There was a mixed-bag of results in the Junior Section as most teams were in action in the Salford and Districts League and Bolton Bury and District League.

*Earning themselves a third successive victory were Beechy Under 7's Storm who were at home to Salford United Juniors. After a slow start in this 5v5 mini-soccer game Storm's overall play improved and they eventually won a seven goal thriller thanks to a winning goal via a wonderful free kick by Alfie Heighway. Both Jacob Foster and Oscar Berry produced great performances but voted Beechy's Star Player was Malory Scott-Goodyear.

*The Under 9's Tornadoes were involved in a great end to end match with AFC Monton Sports and throughout the match Beechy created some brilliant football but after taking a two goal lead the Tornadoes had to deal with a fightback from their opponents. Man of the Match Tyler Ackernley was on target with a last kick of the game equaliser for Beechy's who's stand-out performers were Kai Barker and Sideque Eltomseneen.

*For the fourth time this season the Under 9's Hurricanes faced local rivals Moorside Rangers Greens. Both teams created good opportunities early in the game and the Hurricanes and Rangers goalkeepers were called into action. Around the ten minute mark Rangers took the lead and forced some great defending from the Hurricanes who fought back and equalised. An effort by Gino Fierro hit the post before Rangers regained the lead but once again Beechy were back level and on this occasion Gino Fierro was fully rewarded when he fired the ball into the bottom corner of the net. The game settled down and Rangers scored again when they were awarded a penalty then after play switched to the other end of the pitch Kenny Copeland was on target when he found enough space in the area and rolled the ball into the net.

The second half got underway and Rangers grabbed an early goal forcing yet anoter positive response from the Hurricanes and after a cross from Kasope Alo deflected off a Rangers defender the ball ended up in the back of the net. As they moved the ball around with much more accuracy Beechy were rewarded when a neat move opened up the Rangers defence and Finn Lee added the finish slotting the ball low into the net. Both goalkeepers continued to make some good saves as the teams created lots of decent chances and Beechy took the lead after Finn Lee who was outside the area fired the ball high into the net. Full of confidence the Hurricanes went in search of more goals but it was Rangers who scored again to end what had been a thrilling contest between two talented teams.

*Back in action after the Xmas and New Year break were the Under 10's Thunder who had a Sunday home game against Manchester Maccabi Scorpions. Not helped by a mix of Covid issues and other committments Thunder had just the minimum number of players available for the fixture. Following a slow start Beechy grew into the game and were denied an early goal due to some poor finishing and a fine performance from the Maccabi goalkeeper. But Thunder who eventually broke the deadlock through Jackson Humm ended the first half with a one goal advantage. A few words of encouragement during the break boosted the Beechy players and thanks to an improved display Thunder secured a convincing victory with three more goals. Beechy's Man of the Match Nataniel Wojciak was on target twice plus Jackson Humm helped himself to another goal. Special mentions for Ano Goora and Theo McNulty who defended superbly and Josh Kellet after his tireless display on the wing.

*In bright and very cold conditions Beechy Under 10's Storm made a confident start in their home game with Moorside Rangers Reds and straight from the kick off put pressure on their opponents. Patrik Doherty and Daniel Wharton in particular took the game to the visitors and Beechy took the lead when Robert Wagner found enough space to score from close range. After conceding the opening goal Rangers suddenly sprung into life and beginning to attack with more menace equalised then added a second goal just before half time. Dominating the early stages of the second half Rangers capitalised on some generous Beechy defending as they took a commanding lead. Storm produced a positive response that resulted in Aiden Gradwell, Oliver Cooper and Jacob Wood having a greater influence on the game and Beechy were rewarded with two magnificent goals. Daniel Wharton was voted Man of the Match just edging the excellent Patrik Doherty.

*Beechy Under 12's Tornadoes (9v9) played their first Salford and Disticts League Division 1 match of 2022 when they were away to Parkwyddn Predators who currently occupy second place in the table. The teams shared a 3-3 scoreline and following this away game this was a brilliant result for the Tornadoes who's Man of the Match award was shared by the whole team. Goalscorers for Beechy were Josh Beddows, Stewart Kay and Oscar Mather.

*With a full squad to choose from including new signing Jonathan Lowrey the Under 13's Hurricanes Manager Ben Robinson was looking for a victory prior to his teams home game against AFC Monton Sharks. With home advantage in this Division 1 fixture the Hurricanes opened the scoring after Joshua Whitehead hammered home a free kick. Beechy keeper Luca Mobey made a brilliant save just before Jamie Maher combined with Henry Errington and Oliver Nangle volleyed home the Hurricanes second goal. AFC Monton reduced the arrears with the last kick of the fist half with a goal they deserved after creating a number of good chances. Almost straight from the restart Oliver Hall won possession on the halfway line then powered past the visitors last defender before going round the keeper and adding a simple finish for 3-1.

Owen Hogben set-up Henry Errington for Beechy's fourth goal prior to Jonathan Lowery who was making his debut supplying a great through ball and Alfie Rostron added a brilliant finish for goal number five. The Hurricanes continued to dominate this Division 1 fixture and another superb goal made it 6-1 when a cross by Oliver Nangle found Jamie Maher and he added a superb finish. Full credit to AFC Monton Sharks who maintained a fightning spirit throughout the second half as they continued to chase the game. Oliver Hall fired in the seventh goal then Jamie Maher was on target for 8-1 latching onto a pinpoint cross from Oliver Nangle. Sophiyulah Bakare (2) Henry Errington who completed his hat trick from the penalty spot and Joshua Whitehead added further goal for the Hurricanes.

*The BBDJFL Section E Under 14's Storm versus AFC Monton Dragons was in doubt due to a frozen pitch but a combination of a late kick off and the referee's careful inspection the match went ahead. With just one substitute available Beechy found themselves 3-0 down at half time despite seeing one effort hitting the post plus other chances going begging. But Storm dominated the second half spending thirty of the allocated thirty five minutes camped in Monton's half and the comeback began when Andrew Ackernley was on target after an assist by Rian Haines. A header by Joshua Kilfoyle made it 3-2 but despite dominating the second half Storm briefly fell asleep and AFC Monton added a fourth goal against the run of play. Soon after Beechy were awarded a penalty and Oliver Cowley scored from the resulting spot-kick for 4-3 then with six minutes to go Storm were denied and equaliser when the AFC Monton keeper produced a top-class save to deny a great effort from Joshua Kilfoyle. Based on their second half display this was a game that Storm fully deserved to win or a least earn a draw.

*On a small and uneven pitch the Beechy Under 15's Typhoon started well in their Section D away game at Culcheth Athletic Cobras. After missing a hatful of chances Typhoon finally broke the deadlock when the hosts keeper was beaten from a free kick taken by Sonny O'Brien. However as the playing surface thawed out and became very slippery Beechy's players started to make mistakes all over the pitch. Typhoon's goalkeeper Peter Ellis was forced to make a brilliant save then as pitch got worse Culcheth Cobras equalised early in the second half putting Beechy under pressure. Thankfully Typhoon were able to survive the onslaught and regained the lead through Ryan O'Sullivan who's penalty kick was saved but the ball bounced back to the Beechy player who headed it into the net. Typhoon confidently dealt with another spell of pressure from the hosts before a breakaway move in the dying seconds secured Beechy their 3-1 victory when Will Bentham completed the scoring.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller