POSTED: March 07 2020 20:38:44. By Keith Long - United Suffer Fourth Successive Defeat

With only five Manchester Football League Premier Division games left to play Beechfield United 1st Team failed to ease their relegation worries after they lost 7-2 at home to Dukinfield Town.

The visitors to Salford Sports Village are chasing title honours and Beechy who had a strong line-up on view knew they faced a tough ninety minutes. Especially in the first half United were punished for some awful defending and found themselves 5-0 down at half time. Beechy keeper Rob Harrison was forced to make his first real save straight from the kick off then in the 3rd minute United conceded the opening goal scored by the Dukinfield No7. Keenan Switzer and Callum Davies who had been drafted in from the reserve team combined in a good move and the latter chasing the ball saw it blown off the pitch. Following another corner to the visitors Beechy created a quick counter-attack but Danny Royle was caught offside when he ran onto an inch perfect pass from Gareth Mooney. The Dukinfield keeper saved with his feet following a fine Beechy move between Louis Duff, Craig Massey and Callum Davies but most of the play was at the other end of the pitch.

United's back four Louis Duff, Mike Rogerson, Luke Johnston and Carl Ravenscroft were forced to deal with heavy Dukinfield pressure and the visitors went 2-0 up after thirteen minutes when once again Beechy were guilty of some woeful defending. Far too many unforced errors by United contributed to their downfall and it went from bad to worse after Dukinfield worked the ball down the left wing and though Rob Harrison kept out an effort by the visitors No10 his teammate in the No7 shirt netted the rebound for 3-0. Despite having a decent share of the ball Beechy rarely tested the Dukinfield keeper though Craig Massey almost set-up a chance for Callum Davies and a swerving drive by Gareth Mooney flew just wide. Another excellent curling cross from Dukinfield's No8 led to the visitors adding goal number four when United's defensive weakness was exploited again. Twice in quick succession Craig Massey had chances to reduce the arrears but the Dukinfield keeper then a visitors defender blocked Craig's valid attempts inside the area.

Rob Harrison was again called into action and made three very good saves before Dukinfield Town couldn't believe their luck when they were gifted a fifth goal. Ellis Carr replaced Danny Royle at the start of the second half and United were rewarded when they reduced the arrears thanks to a superb defence splitting pass by Keenan Switzer and an excellent strikers finish from Callum Davies. A couple of minutes later Callum was unlucky when he hammered the ball into the stanchion after sprinting clear into the visitors penalty area. Hardly wasting possession Dukinfield continued to dictate the pace of the game with their No8 who was the visitors star player at the heart of several prominent moves. The pace of the game was always of a frantic nature and not learning from their earlier mistakes United were undone once again when another piece of poor defending saw their opponents a 6-1 lead.

Gareth Mooney's attempted lob from the edge of the area dropped wide after a cleverly disguised pass from Keenan Switzer who was on the receiving end of a reckless late tackle. Dukinfield added their seventh goal before a second goal of the game for Man of the Match Callum Davies was reward for United's all-round brave and creative display in the second half. The referee received heavy criticism after he failed to make the correct decision following a shocking tackle on Ellis Carr that left lengthy stud marks down his right thigh. After being questioned regarding the incident the match official's response was that the Dukinfield player got the ball but several spectators agreed United should have been awarded a free kick and the visitors player shown a red card.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller