POSTED: April 01 2019 16:51:12. By Keith Long - Outstanding Display From Utd Ace Jamie Sinnott

Maximum points was the order of the day for Beechfield United's 1st Team players prior to their home game with Dukinfield Town. Also on a mission to make amends for a 3-1 defeat when the teams met earlier in the season Beechy were rewarded for a terrific all-round performance with a 5-1 victory. The main highlights of the win came via Man of the Match Jamie Sinnott who helped himself to a second successive hat-trick that included two stunning goals, his third goal was without doubt one of the greatest goals scored by a 1st Team player at Salford Sports Village. Making a rather slow start United found themselves in a defensive mode when Dukinfield Town dominated possession in the opening five minutes. A mazy run down the left wing by Jordan Jones-Waite got him into a good shooting position and his swerving effort on target deserved a better finish. Beechy grabbed the lead after nine minutes when a top-class ball over the head of a defender by Carl Ravenscroft set-up Jamie Sinnott who supplied a spectacular finish from just outside the area. Two great saves by Robert Harrison denied the visitors an instant equaliser and midfield trio Matthew McNally, Ethan Birds and Chris Ferris dropped back to help out with some vital defending.

A well operated offside tactic by Beechy continually frustrated Dukinfield Town's attractive style of play and United's overall approach to this game was highly impressive throughout. Jordan Jones-Waite was again denied a goal after his first effort was turned onto the post by the agile Dukinfield keeper then United's striker saw the ball rebound back into play off the crossbar. Both teams displayed their full commitment to win the game with some meaty challenges to gain possession and match referee Jamie Kilgannon who had a very good ninety minutes used the sensible approach by not over reacting regarding the players aggression. United kept their discipline and remained well organised when the visitors during another period of positive attacking play went close to getting back level. A great ball winning tackle by Matthew McNally carved out an opening for Jamie Sinnott who easily went past an opponent but he fired the ball just over the crossbar. As the match retained it's highly competitive nature Beechy's work rate never waned and the first half ended with United holding onto their 1-0 lead.

A similar pattern to the first soon developed in the second half and United's back four Mike Rogerson, Marcus Belcher, Luke Johnston and Carl Ravenscroft had to produce some top-notch defending. The Dukinfield keeper was in action saving a long range effort from Matthew McNally just before Beechy went 2-0 up in the 54th minute. Following another solo jinking run by Jordan Jones-Waite his powerful low drive through a crowd of players was half stopped by the visitors keeper but Louis Duff was in the right place to fire the rebound into the net. As the action drifted from end to end the match retained it's frantic pace and soon after a free kick by Jordan Jones-Waite nearly put United three goals ahead Dukinfield Town reduced the arrears on sixty five minutes. The visitors launched another excellent counter-attack and despite appearing to be in an offside position when he received the ball the Dukinfield No9 had both time and space before hitting it low past Robert Harrison. Two minutes later Beechy made a substitution when Louis Duff was replaced by Gareth Mooney with Matthew McNally moving into the centre of midfield.

A tremendous strike by Dukinfield's No 10 rattled the crossbar and conceding far too many free kicks United put added pressure on themselves and Beechy continued to ride their luck after they were rescued by the crossbar again following a well-executed free kick taken by the visitors No8. In the 69th minute United hit their opponents with a real sucker-punch when they took a 3-1 lead via Matthew McNally who was able to get to a loose ball and side foot it into the corner of the net after a Dukinfield defender had made a well timed tackle in the area on Jordan Jones-Waite. Still pushing forward at every opportunity Dukinfield Town created some decent chances causing more defensive issues for Beechy and Luke Johnston was outstanding in his back four role. A brilliant move between Ethan Birds and Gareth Mooney after eighty eight minutes resulted in Jamie Sinnott making it 4-1 and United's leading marksman completed his hat-trick and the scoring with a wonder goal in the 91st minute. A Dukinfield defender managed to make a headed clearance but quick as a flash Jamie had moved towards the ball and from forty five yards hammered it beyond the keeper who could only watch as it sailed over his head and bounce into the empty net.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller