POSTED: April 03 2018 15:35:27. By Keith Long - Junior Section Match Details 24th/25th/26th March

Playing for the first time since Saturday 13th January were Beechfield United Under 17's Tornadoes who met Unsworth Demons away in 2nd Round of the Chairman's Cup. But the lack of competitive match practice was the key factor regarding Beechy's elimination from the competition. In the Bolton Bury and District League the Tornadoes suffered a 4-2 defeat following a poor performance. Man of the Match Kai Mitchell scored both goals, one from the penalty spot.

At home to top of the Section B table outfit Shevington FC the Under 15's Tornadoes created a brilliant first half display but striker Jeanny Le Blanc failed to capitalise on several clear cut chances. United were trailing 1-0 at the break and the pattern of play was much the same in the second half. Shevington made it 2-0 via a well worked team goal and the visitors added a third goal though the referee who turned his back on play should have disallowed the goal for offside though he apologised later for his mistake. The Tornadoes goalkeeper George Leigh was named Man of the Match for the second time in seven days.

Following another highly impressive all-round display the Under 14's Tornadoes completed a hat trick of Section E victories via a 7-0 away win over Prestwich Meercats. Goals from Man of the Match Harry Fletcher (2) Mathew Bennett (2) Fernley Davies (2) and Ellis Kenney guaranteed Beechy the points as they moved up to third place in the league table.

Beechy Under 13's Thunder finally played their Division 2 away game with Stretford Victoria that had previously been postponed three times due to the bad weather. Against their very physical opponents Thunder produced a strong defensive performance while up front Beechy's forward line put constant pressure on Stretford's defence and United took the lead through an own goal. Great vision by Harvey Walker set-up Prince Idusuyi and he calmly slotted the ball home to put Beechy 2-0 up at half time. Despite creating the better chances in the second half Thunder failed to take advantage of any of them and Stretford Victoria caused Beechy more problems as they picked up the tempo. But Thunder remained well organised with Jacob Lacey in midfield breaking up Stretford's best attacks. With ten minutes to go the home side reduced the arrears though Beechy had the ability to step up a gear and following a corner Man of the Match Callum Snaith blasted the ball into the top corner of the net and this goal eventually secured Thunder a 3-1 victory.

In the Supplementary Tournament the Under 13's Tornadoes were at home to De La Salle Reds but lost the tie that included a total of sixteen goals. The Tornadoes leading marksman Alan Kay scored four goals that took his personal tally so far this season to twenty five. Also on target for Beechy was Keelan Jones.

Continuing their run of good form were the Under 13's Storm who's latest Division 1 fixture was a home game on Sunday morning with Manchester Maccabi Galaxy. Beechy made it three games unbeaten in the Salford and District League thanks to a 4-1 win. Samuel Oludoyi (2) Tom Cox and Man of the Match got the goals.

Seeking a moral boosting victory were the Under 12's Storm (9v9) who were away to De La Salle Reds in the Supplementary Cup. Josh Everall scored a consolation goal for United in a 4-1 defeat and collecting the Best Player award was Elliott McClure-Taylor.

According to Manager Richard Jackson the Under 11's Storm (9v9) produced their best performance so far this season. Beechy were fully rewarded after they beat previously unbeaten opponents Moorside Rangers Yellow following a Supplementary Tournament match. The goals came courtesy of Freddie Jackson and Georgi Georgiev and voted Man of the Match was Reece James although all the players gave 100% commitment.

United's two other Under 11's teams Typhoon and Lightning met in the Supplementary Tournament at Beech Farm. Making a blistering start Lightning threatened to blow Typhoon away and though Lightning took the lead thanks to Kyle Stafford Typhoon survived further damage and limited their opponents to their one goal lead at the interval. Typhoon could easily have gone further behind but were rescued a few times by keeper Peter Ellis. Early in the second half Charlie Harris netted an equaliser for the Typhoon but in a highly competitive encounter Lightning still created chances and almost regained the lead. With a penalty-kick decider a huge possibility Freddie Latham won the tie for Typhoon via a well taken finish. Joshua Harris was Lightning's Star Player and chosen as Typhoon's Man of the Match was Joseph Bothamley who produced a non-stop skilful display.

Against Moorside Rangers Yellow a team from a Division higher the Under 10's Hurricanes produced a great all-round performance. In the Supplementary Tournament Beechy's consolation goal came from Harrison Tinald and voted Player of the Match was Ethan Harris.

Noah O'Connor was voted the Under 10's Storm's Best Player after their Supplementary Tournament away game against Deans Youth Panthers. In a closely fought contest Michael Walsh scored for the Storm who lost the tie by the odd goal in three.

Rewarded for an excellent performance were the Under 10's Tornadoes who secured a comfortable win over Moorside Rangers Reds. In the Supplementary Tournament Sam Rowbotham, Oliver Percival and Finley Fairhurst got the goals and three players shared the Man of the Match award, Aiden Lawton, Ashley Tonge and Sam Rowbotham.

Creating a superb display in the Supplementary Tournament were the Under 9's Hurricanes who faced a very strong Salford United Vipers outfit at Beech Farm. Beechy celebrated victory with the only goal of the game scored by Man of the Match Dillan Caldwell. The Hurricanes squad was as follows: Matthew Elliott, Oliver Hall, Oliver Dalton-Bunker, Prestley Smith, Jamie Maher, Jaiesh Devani-White, Joshua Whitehead, Sean Cosgrove, Alfie Latham, Dillan Caldwell.

There was another brilliant performance by the Under 9's Tornadoes who also had home advantage for their Supplementary Tournament tie. The match against Boothstown Falcons produced an evenly balanced first half that ended with the Tornadoes one goal up at the break thanks to Tom Robinson. Expecting the second half to be another close twenty five minutes Beechy's continued hard work paid extra dividends with six more goals. There were hat trick's for Ethan Harris and Man of the Match Ebosele Oguname (his first goals for the club)

Extending their unbeaten run to eight games were the Under 8's Lightning who were in action on Sunday against Manchester Maccabi Sharks who held the lead at half time. But Beechy bounced back and three goals during the second period earned them victory in the Supplementary Tournament. Goal scorers were Deenraj Singh, Oliver Eckersley and Oscar Mather and chosen as the teams Man of the Match was Eddie McDonagh who had a superb game.

After making a terrific start in their Supplementary Tournament match with neighbours Moorside Rangers Blue the Under 8's Storm were guilty of a lapse of concentration that cost them the tie. Beechy had numerous chances to win the game but it was Rangers who were victorious in the end. Man of the Match Logan Holland, Noah Thorndyke and Shay Winstanley scored the goals.

At KD Sports Centre Beechy Under 8's Tornadoes met the Under 8's Storm for a Friendly Match on Monday 26th March. The Tornadoes won the game thanks to some top-notch finishing from Man of the Match Alfie Lacey, Stewart Kay, Flinn Rogers and on loan player William Owens. In reply the Storm who produced a below-par performance gave their Man of the Match award to Noah Thorndyke.

Harry Wallis was named the Under 7's Storm's Man of the Match following Beechy's home game with Swinton Juniors. Despite a much improved performance in the second half United lost this Supplementary Tournament fixture. Connor O'Sullivan netted a consolation goal for the Storm.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller