POSTED: November 07 2022 13:13:58 By Keith Long - Junior Section Match Details 5th/6th November 2022

During Grassroots silent weekend there was a mixed bag of results in the Junior Section on Saturday/Sunday 5th & 6th November 2022 plus goals galore were the order of the day.

*On silent support weekend Beechfield United Under 10's HURRICANES were in action at home game when they met new opponents Winton Matadors. Following a pre-match team talk the Hurricanes quickly put all their practice into place and making a strong start in the game pushed hard for the opening goal. Despite creating a wave of attacks the Hurricanes struggled to get the ball into the back of the net and midway through the first half Beechy made some team changes. This paid dividends when the Hurricanes took the lead after a long ball by Thomas Morris found Lealand Campbell who scored his first goal for the club. Shortly after Lealand was on target again then during a goalmouth scramble Lealand completed his hat-trick with eight minutes. The Hurricanes finished the first half on top with goalkeeper Charlie Berry having touched the ball only once during the first period. As the second half began Beechy played as if they were chasing the game constantly winning possession and a great passing move between Myles Harris and Kenny Copeland resulted in the latter scoring Hurricanes fourth goal with two minutes of the restart.

Five minutes later Kenny Copeland netted his second goal of the game and keeping it tight at the back Beechy continued to create chances and Lealand Campbell helped himself to his fourth goal. Winton Matadors created a rare attack and won a free kick but Charlie Berry made a great save though the visitors eventually scored their consolation goal after another quick breakaway move. The Hurricanes quickly regained control and following a strong surging run Lewis Adams was rewarded with his first goal for the club then Myles Harris completed the scoring with the eighth goal. Overall this was a perfect performance from the Beechy Boys who learnt from the silent weekend and took onto the pitch what they had worked on in training. Massive praise to goalkeeper Charlie Berry who stayed strong and totally focused and was more of a spectator on a cold Saturday morning.

*The Under 8's STORM met AFC Urmston Meadowside and the players knew they were faced with a tough game. When the team met previously in a Cup game the only difference was the Urmston goalkeeper who was outstanding and once again he produced another excellent display. Beechy who dominated most of the game ended up on the losing side after Urmston Meadowside had three chances and scored three goals. Storm definately didn't deserve to lose the game after they were continually denied by the vistors keeper who made several fantastic saves. It was good to see the Beechy Boys playing without any influence from the sidelines as they worked for each other and probably learnt more from this game than any previous game. Alfie Heighway was Man of the Match voted for by Beechy's opponents.

*At home against Deans Sports the Under 8's THUNDER were involved in a great game of football that included lots of excellent defending from both teams. The only goal in this mini-soccer game went to Deans Sports but on another day the result could have seen Thunder as the winners. Sharing Beechy's Man of the Match award were Hugo Balogun after his commanding defensive performance and Carter Eyres who was Thunder's goalkeeper in the first half plus playing outfield in the second half. Beechy were denied an equalising goal near the end of the game when an effort by Brayden Taylor hit the crossbar. This was a very good all-round performance from Thunder on silent matchday.

*Producing another highly impressive display were Beechy Under 9's STORM who scored eight goals for the second time in seven days. At home to AFC Burnden Park Whites in a strong first half performance Beechy were camped in their opponents half and goals by Kobe Glass and Barkley Pope gave Storm a six goal advantage at the break. Beechy continued to dominate this Challenge Cup tie in the second half and Max Schofield and Kobe Glass addded further goals but towards the end Storm relaxed their grip on the game and Burnden Park replied with a couple of goals. The silent weekend was well observed by everyone and after the final whistle Sebastian Jones was named Man of the Match.

*There was a fresh challenge for the Under 10's TORNADOES who played new team Winton Lions. The first half was one sided as Beechy produced some fantastic football but the only negative was that the Tornadoes didn't score more goals. Beechy made team changes in the second half and after a couple of silly mistakes the Tornadoes lost this Salford and Districts League fixture. Storm's Man of the Match was Blake Salmon and on target with the goals were Kai Barker and Jack Hoatson. After the game Tornadoes Manager Ryan Pugh said he enjoyed the silent weekend observed brilliantly by the parents and the players.

*On Sunday in the Challenge Tournament the Under 11's THUNDER (9v9) were away to Manchester Maccabi Cubs. After Beechy Manager Luke Sixsmith received approval from the opposition and the league secretary he was able to use his full squad of seventeen players in the game. Thunder's players were told that each half would be played as seperate games and in Game 1 Macabbi took the lead and though Ajab Fakeeh equalised the rest of the game went in Macabbi's favour. Beechy changed nearly all the team for Game 2 and Mohammed Edris put Thunder ahead then shortly after Ajab Fakeeh fired home his second goal of the game. Keeping the pressure on their opponents Beechy's third goal by Samuel Sulmataj following a corner made it 4-4 and though Maccabi hit back to regain the lead Ajab Fakeeh was on target again when he completed his hat-trick. Maddox Taylor got himself on the scoresheet after he turned quickly in the area and blasted the ball into the roof of the net but Maccabi scored again to force a penalty kick decider. During the shoot-out Thunder scored their first two penalties while keeper Leon Heathcote-Clare saved one spot-kick but Beechy's next three were missed and Macabbi were declared the winners.

*Booking their place in the next round of the Challenge Cup were Beechy Under 12's STORM (9v9) who's opponents in this 2nd Round tie were AFC Monton Reds. Storm who celebrated a 3-1 victory took the lead after five minutes thanks to a goal from Timothy Badewa then Harry Wallis netted Beechy's second goal also in the first half. Storm's third goal in the second half came via Eiman Sandaji and it was well done after the game to Noah O'Dea who was voted Man of the Match for his good performance and for lots of encouragement towards his teammates.

*In the Salford and District League the Under 13's TORNADOES shared a 2-2 scoreline at half time in their 2nd Round away tie against Signol Athletic Yellows. In the second half three defensive errors cost Beechy the chance to make progress in this seasons competition and the Tornadoes eventually suffered a 5-2 defeat. Goals for Beechy came courtesy of Reece Smith and Radwan Fakeeh.

*For the second successive Saturday Beechy Under 14's HURRICANES met Juno United Pumas this time in the Challenge Cup. The Hurricanes who were hoping for a quick winning double over their opponents booked their place in the semi-finals via a 4-2 victory. The teams lined-up for a 9am kick off and after a bright start Beechy opened the scoring when Alfie Rostron won possession just outside the area and after easily going past an opponent fired the ball beyond the keeper. A superb pass out of midfield from Henry Errington released Finlay Unsworth who following a powerful run calmly found the net just inside the post for 2-0. Beechy added their third goal after Jamie Maher won the ball in midfield then sent Henry Errington sprinting down the right wing and a great cross by Henry found JJ Lowery who had an easy finish at the back post. Juno United reduced the arrears when a free kick from a long way out saw the ball somehow bounce and trickle into the net. Until then the Hurricanes defence had looked rock-solid but overall this had been a confident first half performance from the Beechy Boys. Following some end to end action at the start of the second half the Hurricanes began to dominate again and Owen Hogben drilled the ball home for the fourth goal after attempts by both Finlay Unsworth and JJ Lowery had been blocked. After two shocking and completely unnecessary challenges on Beechy players Juno United's star forward was shown a red card and the visitors ten men scored their second goal totally against the run of play. Hurricanes Man of the Match was Dillan Caldwell.

*Following three weeks without a fixture the Under 16's TYPHOON were back in action in the Bolton Bury and District League with a Players Cup game at Ladybridge Eagles. During a very entertaining opening ten minutes both Cole Winstanley and Reece James went close to finding the back of the net. After Ladybridge took the lead there were more chances for Typhoon but again Sonny O'Brien, Ryan Law, Ronan Mullan and Jamie Withington couldn't add the finishing touch. Ladybridge added their second goal on the twenty minute mark but Beechy kept working hard in attempt to get that elusive first goal. The second half was a dour affair as Ladybridge seemed happy with their two goal advantage until the last ten minutes of this 1st Round tie. Following a tactical change Jamie Withington scored Typhoon's consolation goal and Beechy had a chance to force at least a draw but Ladybridge responded with two more goals. With only twelve players available the Beechy Boys produced a gutsy display but the lack of match practice didn't help and unfortunately Typhoon lost the game 4-1.

*The in-form Under 15's HURRICANES were involved in the Players Cup when they met a De La Salle oufit at Littleton Road. Beechy made a confident start as they created some neat football but lacking composure in critical areas and this resulted in the Hurricanes conceding the opening goal. But the Hurricanes rallied superbly and equalised when great play between Oliver Sheridan and Kane Wood set-up Rian Haines who added the finish for 1-1. As they continued to dominate the tie Beechy took the lead after a shot by Alfie Girdlestone hit the crossbar but the alert Kane Wood netted the rebound. The Hurricanes goalkeeper Calum Hanvey made some crucial saves in the second half but De La Salle managed to find a second goal to force a penalty shoot-out which Beechy won 4-2. Man of the Match was shared between Ausou Eltomseenen who was dominant in midfield and when needed excellent at left back and Callum Hanvey for another great goalkeeping display.

*The Under 17's STORM lost for the first time this season when they were beaten 5-3 away in the Chairmans Cup by Daisy Hill Thunderbolts a team who play in a Section above Beechy in the Bolton Bury and District League. With a few key players missing Storm were weakened further when an rather fussy referee decided not to allow one of the Beechy Boys to play wearing glasses. Despite a bright start to the game Beechy found themselves 2-0 down after an own goal plus a goal following a Daisy Hill counter-attack. After they regrouped and grew into the cup tie Storm reduced the arrears via Bradley Oliver then a long range strike from Sam Kemp got Beechy back on level terms. The hosts regained the lead before Bradley Oliver was on target again when he made it 3-3 then Storm had several chances to add further goals prior to Daisy Hill securing the win with two more goals. This was a really strong performance from Beechy who more than matched their opponents for long periods of the game. If Storm can produce this level of performance in their future league games then promotion is a real possibility this season.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller