POSTED: October 16 2018 20:36:56. By Keith Long - United Rue Missed Chances After 1-0 Defeat

Beechfield United 1st Team endured a rather frustrating ninety minutes during their Manchester League Premier Division away game with Old Alts and suffered a 1-0 defeat. The hosts pitch was in excellent condition and United who made three team changes kicked-off the match using a 4-3-3 system. Within less than sixty seconds Beechy won a free kick taken by Carl Ravenscroft but the ball sent deep into the area evaded both Kurtis Lee and Jamie Sinnott. Than an Old Alts defender managed to block a shot on target by Jordan Jones-Waite who ran onto a pass from Chris Ferris. United defenders Mike Rogerson, Tim Taylor and Luke Johnston were called into action inside the opening five minutes and in the ninth minutes Old Alts scored what proved to be the match winning goal. The hosts were awarded a free kick just outside the area and though the Old Alts No6 appeared to miskick the ball it took a slight deflection off a Beechy player and nestled in the corner of the net.

United keeper Andrew Richardson who was making his debut made his first genuine save following Old Alts first corner of the match. Player Manager Steven Erskine displayed a range of excellent pinpoint passes as Beechy looked good going forward and twice crosses from Kurtis Lee were charged down by brave Old Alts defenders. Continuing to produce some exciting attacking football United came close to getting back level but a slick move between Tim Taylor and Jamie Sinnott only won Beechy another corner. A superb defence splitting pass by Steven Erskine sent Kurtis Lee on a clear run but United's No7 was harshly ruled offside. Old Alts No6 delivered another free kick from about eighteen yards but on this occasion United's defensive wall was much better organised. After a foul on Chris Ferris a free kick awarded to Beechy was taken by Jordan Jones-Waite who curled the ball over the crossbar.

The Old Alts keeper anticipated Jamie Sinnott's long pass over the hosts back four and got to the ball just before Jordan Jones-Waite. Then a superb tackle by Kurtis Lee won him the ball and a cross from the United striker just failed to be turned into the net by the unmarked Jamie Sinnott. A few counter-attacks created by Old Alts were developed down the left wing and at the end of one quick move the hosts No10 hammered the ball high over the crossbar. Due to an injury Tim Taylor was forced to miss the second half and was replaced by Marcus Belcher who immediately took up a central defensive role. A great first time pass by Man of the Match Louis Duff easily found Kurtis Lee and he played the ball onto Jamie Sinnott who was denied a shot on target when the Old Alts No2 made a well timed sliding tackle. There was a decent chance for the Old Alts No10 at the end of a counter-attack but it was United who continually threatened to score the next goal.

Both Steven Erskine and Jordan Jones-Waite got into good positions and tested the Old Alts keeper via shots from the edge of the area. Then an excellent move involving Jamie Sinnott, Steven Erskine and Jordan Jones-Waite opened up the Old Alts defence but an attempt to score by Kurtis Lee was just off target. Terrific work off the ball by Chris Ferris and Louis Duff as Beechy kept playing some top-class soccer and an equalising goal looked a real certainty. Following a free kick a goalmouth scramble developed inside the Old Alts area but somehow after two United players had shots blocked the ball was hastily booted out of play. Despite a few misplaced passes Beechy were still producing the more attractive football and the hosts made a tactical change in the 65th minute. During the latter stages of the second half the match lost most of its early sparkle.

But one good move started by Luke Johnston gave Jordan Jones-Waite the chance to level the score but United's No10 curled the ball straight at the keeper. A few tight offside decisions ruined a flux of Beechy counter-attacks while in the 83rd minute Andrew Richardson made the second of only two saves during the second period. A quick exchange of passes between Louis Duff and Mike Rogerson created a shooting opportunity for Kurtis Lee who saw the ball deflect for a corner. Inside the last six minutes both Jamie Sinnott and Jordan Jones-Waite had chances to secure United at least a draw.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller