POSTED: October 20 2022 20:15:16. By Keith Long - Thunder On The Wrong End of 2-1 Scoreline

Beechfield United Under 18's Thunder hosted Whitworth Valley for their Section B home game on Saturday 15th October 2022 but lost this Bolton Bury & District League game 2-1.

*In bright sunshine the visitors kick-off the game and in the second minute a long range effort by the Whitworth No12 was just off target. Both teams forced several throw-ins and quickly finding a good attacking rhythm Whitworth threatened to take an early lead. Both Charlie Molloy and Max Chidgey were involved in a neat passing move as Beechy strived to get a greater share of the ball. Twice in quick succession Sonny Stephens had chances to score but was foiled by the visitors keeper then he sent an effort off target. Whitworth's forwards wasted some clear cut chances and when Thunder were under pressure Harry Shaw, Taonga Mututa, Man of the Match William Whipday and Callum Snaith responed with some excellent defending.

Beechy survived another scare when the visitors No7 beat the offside trap but blasted the ball wide then Beechy keeper Andrew Woodward made a couple of fine reflex saves just before Thunder took the lead. In the 20th minute a move developed through the midfield and Charlie Molloy supplied a great angled pass for Sonny Stephens who held off a defenders challenge before firing the ball low past the advancing keeper. Joshua Jones who was making his debut was thrust into the action when he replaced Ryley Walker and quickly had to adopt to the pace of the game on the artificial surface.

Whitworth continued to create some neat and accurate passing moves forcing more vital defending at times from an overworked Thunder back four. The visitors controlled the midfield but the Beechy boys kept working hard in an effort to get a better foothold in the contest. Whitworth's No14 & No10 featured heavily in their teams most prominent moves and a few minutes before half time the visitors got a slightly lucky equalising goal. Both Taonga Mututa and Jake Abrahams who had to retire later due to a foot injury were thrust into defensive action at the start of the second half.

Thunder continued to display total committment but once again were overrun in the midfield area and a few positional team changes were made. Andrew Woodward was always the busiest of the two goalkeepers and he produced a superb one handed save following a close range effort by the Whitworth No11. After sixty two minutes due to some slack defending Beechy gifted Whitworth Valley what proved to be their match winning goal. Thunder relied heavily on the offside tactic following more powerful attacking from their opponents and another great save by Andrew Woodward kept out an effort on target from the Whitworth No9 in the last few minutes.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller