POSTED: October 31 2018 14:04:22. By Keith Long - Steeles Shield Hat Trick For Scott Foulds

In the Steeles Shield Beechfield United Saturday Morning Senior team moved safely through to the quarter-final stage of the competition. Away to Manchester Celtic in this 1st Round tie Beechy who won the match 5-0 made a bright start taking the lead after just four minutes. A great through ball from central defender Matthew Swift was cleverly dummied on the halfway line by Roy Owen, the ball was picked up by Scott Foulds who raced thirty five yards into the oppositions penalty area after easily skipping past two Celtic defenders and neatly played the ball back to Roy Owen who hit it first time past the keeper. United continued to create more chances but they had to wait until the 20th minute before increasing their lead. On this occasion the roles were reversed when Scott Foulds deep in his own half played a neat 1-2 with Roy Owen that completely flat footed the Manchester Celtic defence and Scott raced clear before producing a stylish finish.

Continuing to dominate the match Beechy added their third goal after forty minutes when Ben Rothwell played an accurate long ball and reacting the quickest was Scott Foulds who was sent slightly wide but he cut back inside before slotting the ball beyond a Celtic defender on the line and into the net. In the second half United took longer than expected to find their rhythm after they had relaxed their grip on the game. But on seventy one minutes Man of the Match Scott Foulds won possession on the left flank and moving across the pitch cut inside and unleashed an unstoppable shot into the top corner of the net from outside the area to complete a memorable hat trick. Scott was also involved in the move that led to United's fifth goal when he sent a superb through ball to substitute Enow Ekule who added a great finish for his first goal of the season.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller