POSTED: October 26 2022 13:21:12. By Keith Long - Junior Section Match Details 22/10/2022

Earning themselves a second successive victory in the Bolton Bury and District League were Beechy UNDER 15's HURRICANES who were 5-3 winners of their Section D away game against North Walkden.

*Making a good start Beechy moved the ball around really well and soon created chances but the Hurricanes went a goal down following a North Walkden counter-attack. Soon after Kane Wood equalised with an amazing finish but North Walkden regained the lead and were still 2-1 up at half time. Early in the second half with his second goal of the game Kane Wood made it 2-2 then the Hurricanes took a healthy two goal lead when Oghenekaro Ibodje netted a brace before Kane Wood completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot for Beechy's fifth goal. North Walkden battled to the end and managed to reduce the arrears with their third goal before the referee blew for full time. Hurricanes Man of the Match award went to Alfie Gridlestone for his vital contribution in midfield.

*The UNDER 7's THUNDER were involved in a tight but enthralling game at AFC Monton Eagles. The hosts took an early lead but Beechy battled back and drew level thanks to a fine low finish by Oscar Spencer. This mini-soccer game remained a closely fought affair deep into the second half when Chase Sixsmith restored Thunder's lead though Monton Eagles replied with a quick equalising goal. Displaying their battling team spirit in front of a partizan crowd Beechy's class shone through towards the end. Quick thinking by Antonio Embalo saw him pounce on a loose ball and his goal put Thunder back in front. Goals by Harrison Spencer via a free kick and Chase Sixsmith from the penalty spot finally secured Beechy a comfortable victory. Man of the Match was Harry Wright who had a superb second half breaking up numerous Monton attacks and getting Thunder going forward with some good distribution of the ball.

*Continuing their recent good form were the UNDER 8's THUNDER who secured a win over Salford Junior Warriors. In the Challenge Tournament the scoreline looked closer than the game actually was and every one of Beechy's nine players were sensational and got equal game time. From the kick-off Thunder produced a good quick tempo and took the lead through Harley Cosgrove-Newby who continued his recent scoring streak after a well worked team move. Rediscovering his best form was Brayden Taylor and he forced his way into a position to drill the ball low into the net for Thunder's second goal. Beechy's goalkeeper Carter Eyres made some good saves prior to Salford Warriors reducing the arrrears and though Beechy restored their two goal advantage courtesy of Kade Doyle the Warriors replied with their second goal. In the second half following a strong surging run Carter Eyres who had handed the goalkeeping duties to Lyle Glass netted Beechy's fourth goal. Once again the Warriors reduced the arrears before Brayden Taylor with a well placed finish when he dinked the ball over the keeper scored goal number five. Salford Warriors scored again late in the game but Thunder held firm and were able to celebrate the victory.

*Away to Old Trafford Juniors in the Challenge Cup Beechy UNDER 8's STORM knew they faced another tough game. Beechy made a slow start in the tie and Old Trafford grabbed the lead but despite a battling display Storm couldn't get a foothold in the contest and somehow found themselves trailing by four goals at half time. A similar message issued to the players in the previous fixture was keep going and get the passing game into gear. After the break Storm got an early goal via Oscar Pugh then Harry Heathcote-Clare who scored a great goal dramtically reduced the arrears. Dominating the second period Beechy scored two more goals to get back level but Old Trafford netted a late match winning goal. Despite the defeat there were plenty of positives within Storm's performance. Alfie Heighway was also on target for Beechy who named Jacob Foster as their Man of the Match.

*Also playing away against an Old Trafford outfit in the Challenge Cup were the UNDER 9's STORM. Max Schofield gave Beechy the lead and though Storm continued to dominate the tie they were guilty of some sloppy defending and Old Trafford equalised following a free kick. Beechy kept the pressure on their opponents and added their second goal when the ball broke to Barkley Pope inside the area and he hammered it into the net. Though Storm maintained a tight grip on the game they didn't create many chances and another defensive mistake resulted in Old Trafford equalising for the second time. During a period of play when Beechy controlled the game much better Man of the Match Scott Ellis-Smith scored a spectacular third goal for Storm. The ball was pumped forward by an Old Trafford player and from his own half Scott hammered it back down the pitch and into the net off the post. The referee failed to spot the delberate use of an elbow and Old Trafford equalised forcing a penalty shoot-out which Beechy lost by the odd goal in five.

*Away to Ordsall Warriors the UNDER 10's TORNADOES secured an emphatic victory when they maintained their winning start to the season with another very good team performance in the Salford and Districts League. On target with goals for the Tornadoes were Luke Bennett, Kai Barker, Jack Hoatson, River Langford and Oliver Vernon who was named Man of the Match for a great all-round display and scoring a quality goal that set Beechy on their way to the win.

*Beechy UNDER 10's HURRICANES went on the road to Chorlton for their away game with Manchester Bees. The Hurricanes won the toss and straight from the kick off both teams fought hard to tke control of the contest. Manchester Bees broke the deadlock when the ball was slotted low into the corner of the net following a corner. The hosts added a second goal but the Beechy Boys kept their heads up as they struggled to deal with the Bees fast pace. As they composed themselves Beechy played some very good football but left gaps at the back and Manchester Bees on the counter-attack scored their third goal. An encouraging half time team talk gave Beechy fresh impetus and ten minutes into the second half the Hurricanes reduced the arrears when striker Mason McHugh-Davies controlled a nice pass from Lewis Adams and fired the ball past the keeper from twelve yards. The goal inspired the Hurricanes and shots by Myles Harris, Lewis Adams and Ethan Croker almost found the back of the net before Beechy got their second goal. Mason McHugh-Davies forced an error from the Manchester Bees goalkeeper and Myles Harris drilled the ball into the bottom corner of the net. Beechy kept going forward in an effort to find and equaliser but again leaving space at the back allowed Manchester Bees the opportunity to add two more goals.

*At home in the Challenge Cup the UNDER 11's THUNDER (9v9) met Salford Storm Tornadoes. Making a fast and confident start Beechy quickly put the pressure on their opponents and when Theo McNulty established his dominance in midfield he was targeted with some bad challenges. Despite Salford Storm taking the lead the Beechy Boys didn't let their heads go down and equalised when the Storm keeper let the ball go under his body and Maddox Taylor followed up and slotted it into an empty net. The game became more physical and though they were on the receiving end of some reckless tackling Thunders players kept their discipline and never retaliated. The second half produced a similar pattern with Thunder applying lots of pressure and when Salford Storm managed to create a few chances Beechy keeper Leon Heathcote-Clarer responded with some really good saves. Thunder were guaranteed their victory through Ajab Fakeeh who continued his scoring run to earn Beechy their win with every player producing a superb display.

*Thanks to a good all-round performance in their Salford and Districts Football League Division 2 home game the UNDER 13's TORNADOES were rewarded with a 5-1 victory over Wythenshawe Celtic and due to half ternm school holidays the Tornadoes played throughout with just eleven players. Goals for Beechy came via Josh Beddows, Radwan Fakeeh and a brace from Dylan Cervenak who's second goal was a beautifully executed left foot volley from an acute angle on the edge of the area. Also on target was Logan McFeely who scored his first goal of the season when he got the final touch following Enzo Da Silva's goal bound effort.

*The UNDER 14's HURRICANES suffered their first defeat of the season when they lost 2-0 away to Coach Cal Connections. During an evenly balanced opening fifteen minutes Beechy made the first of several substitutions in the game. The Hurricanes were inches away from taking the lead after Finlay Unsworth controlled the ball on his chest, pivoted and hammered it at the target but it hit the post as the hosts keeper was an helpless figure. Beechy gifted Coach Cal Connections the opening goal after a poor goal kick routine gave the ball straight to the hosts striker who had a simple close range finish. There was nothing to choose between the teams as the referee ended the first half but the Hurricanes knew they would have to step up a gear after the break. During a period of play in the second half when it looked as if Beechy would get an equalising goal the hosts scored their second goal. A long range free kick flew past the fingertips of Hurricanes keeper Oliver Dalton-Bunker and the ball entered into the net just under the crossbar. This was a disappointing result for the Hurricanes who felt they could and perhaps should have won the game. Owen Hogben was voted Beechy's Man of the Match.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller