POSTED: October 26 2017 22:24:47. By Keith Long - Atrocious Weather Fails To Deny United Victory

Back in Manchester Football League Division 1 action Beechfield United met Boothstown FC on Saturday 21st October 2017 at Salford Sports Village and secured a 4-1 victory. Player/Manager Steven Erskine named an unchanged line-up but United who made a slow start faced early pressure as the visitors produced some impressive attacking football. Jordan Jones-Waite was quickly involved when he chased a high booted clearance by Tim Taylor but United's striker couldn't get his low shot on target. A strong gusty wind certainly affected the flow of the game but while United wasted possession far too easily Boothstown continued to create some top-class soccer. A mazy run down the left wing by the visitors No3 ended with a curling cross into the area and poor marking by Beechy allowed the ball to run onto the Boothstown No11 who really should have scored. Soon after there was another decent chance on offer this time to Boothstown's No11 but he hammered the ball into the side netting.

On twenty three minutes Boothstown opened the scoring after the ball was worked down the right flank and again slack defending from United presented the visitors No16 with a simple finish. Gradually Beechy displayed a higher energy level and moving the ball around with much more accuracy always looked capable of grabbing an equaliser. Just after the 32nd minute a cross by Jamie Sinnott was met by Craig Massey who's header curled just wide then the two players combined again and Jamie latched onto Craig's lofted pass before producing a world class finish for 1-1. Minutes later United took the lead when an attack developed on the left flank involving Luke Johnston, Carl Ravenscroft and Jamie Sinnott. Jordan Jones-Waite knocked the ball past the keeper and though it looked as if a Boothstown defender would get to it first he was beaten by Mike Rogerson who netted his first goal this season.

Beechy suddenly played with more freedom and had a few half chances to increase their lead just before the break. Gale force winds and heavy rain greeted the teams at the start of the second half but the players battled against the elements and United forced the first corner after the restart. Beechy keeper Robert Harrison showed excellent reflex's when he made a fantastic save to deny Boothstown's No10 who had intercepted a poor back pass. As the conditions deteriorated slightly the ball spent a considerable amount of time off the pitch. Steven Erskine and Chris Ferris kept things tickling over in midfield and United deservedly edged 3-1 up via Jordan Jones-Waite who forced an error from a Boothstown defender and casually fired the ball past the keeper. Jamie Sinnott added the fourth goal courtesy of another dazzling finish and Beechy ended the match doing a bit more defending as Boothstown produced a positive attacking spree in the last ten minutes.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller