POSTED: November 01 2018 21:19:30. By Keith Long - Last-Ditch Winner For Sat Morn Senior Team

Despite a below-par performance in their latest Division 1 fixture Beechfield United Saturday Morning Senior team made it five successive victories. On Saturday 27th October United were away to Manchester North End and their 3-2 victory was only guaranteed via a dramatic last minute winning goal scored by John Bolton. Beechy made the worst possible start when they went a goal down within the first three minutes. Following a corner to the hosts United had at least three attempts to clear the ball before it was tapped into the net at the far post. As they struggled to get a foothold in the game Beechy were guilty of constantly giving the ball away but they eventually equalised totally against the run of play on the half hour mark when Kyle Wray and Scott Foulds linked-up well down the right flank but a cross by the latter drifted out of play. From the resulting throw-in to the hosts United won the ball back and a shot on target by Max Leonard was saved by the keeper but the ball rebounded to Roy Owen who took a touch and sent a dipping shot into the far corner of the net.

Manchester North End continued to dominate the match and United keeper Chris Pollock produced an impressive performance. The second half created a similar pattern with Beechy still out of sorts however in the 50th minute United went 2-1 up when Wes Pierce played an accurate long ball to Max Leonard, with a North End defender in close proximity running back into the area. The hosts keeper came off his line and under pressure from Max the defender headed the ball into his own net. On sixty five minutes the hosts were awarded a penalty after the referee decided that John Bolton had fouled a North End forward and the spot-kick was converted for 2-2. North End continued to create chances but more great goalkeeping from Man of the Match Chris Pollock kept the hosts at bay.

It looked odds-on that Beechy would have to settle for a draw but in the last sixty seconds the drama unfolded. Following a free kick the ball was with Scott Foulds on the left hand side of the penalty area, Scott easily went past two defenders and played the ball across the area to John Bolton who became the instant hero when he finished in style with a well placed shot into the corner of the net and thirty seconds later the referee blew for full time. United remain in second place in the table on goal difference but they have two games in hand on leaders Hazel Grove.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller