POSTED: September 08 2021 20:04:38. By Keith Long - 2-0 Down 1st Team Bounce Back to Win 3-2

Beechfield United's 1st Team maintained their unbeaten start to the season in the Manchester Football League with a 3-2 win over Heywood St James.

But on Saturday 4th September 2021 Beechy did it the hard way recovering from 2-0 down following a below-par first half performance. Straight from the kick-off Heywood's tall No9 caused problems for United's defenders with his intelligent running off the ball. The visitors maintained a constant flow of quick and accurate passing moves forcing some excellent defending from Kyle Galbraith, Byron Ward and Kurtis Lee. Beechy went a goal down after fourteen minutes following a clever move down the right flank and a decisive finish from outside the area by Heywood's No8. There was chance of an equaliser when Kane Rowley made a superb ball winning tackle and set-up Callum Davies who blasted the ball wide of the target. A surging run by Zar Jordan forced United's first corner then Zar and Sam Bolton combined but the latter sent his effort over the crossbar. Heywood went 2-0 up on the half hour mark after another well worked counter-attack caught Beechy ball watching and the visitors No7 netted from close range.

A great run from Tom Allcock forced a diving save from Heywood's keeper then Zach Booth saw his low drive hit the keeper and deflect behind for a corner. Heywood were good value for their two goal lead at half time forcing Beechy to step up a gear in the second half and United made a great start after the restart. Beechy reduced the arrears in the 47th minute when a corner taken by Keenan Switzer resulted in the ball being cleared back to United's No8 who curled the ball across the area and Callum Davies volleyed it beyond the keeper. An injury to Zar Jordan forced him to retire and he was replaced by Danny Royle who slotted into his normal position at left back. Heywood also lost a player due to an injury and slowly United got a tighter grip on the game which forced Heywood to soak up some heavy pressure. The visitors did threaten to increase their lead via some swift counter-attacking and Jack Galbraith was forced to make one top-class save. In a masterclass team display Man of the Match Sam Bolton produced an outstanding performance and Beechy fully deserved their equalising goal after sixty four minutes.

A move developed involving Danny Royle, Zach Booth and Callum Davies who's powerful shot was saved by the visitors keeper but timimg his run into the area was Tom Allcock and he hammered the rebound into the roof of the net. The action continued to swing from end to end and this highly entertaining contest was well refereed by John Walton. Both Bryon Ward and Kurtis Lee made numerous tackles, interceptions and headers during another attacking surge from the visitors and in the final fifteen minutes United's fitness level was a major key factor. Victory for Beechy was guaranteed in the 85th minute thanks to Keenan Switzer's superb lob over the last defender for Callum Davies who slotted the ball low past the keeper. United nearly added a fourth goal after Sam Bolton jinked his way into the area and blasted the ball onto the crossbar and from the rebound an effort by Keenan Switzer was blocked by brave Heywood defending.

home | about | contact |

Copyright (c) 2019 The official website for Beechfield United | All Rights Reserved | web design by w miller